Brown-Sugar Bacon Bites
cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon freshly ground fennel seed
1. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil. This step is essential to avoid great difficulty cleaning pans.
2. Set wire rack in each pan. Then arrange 2-inch bacon pieces on racks in
3. Mix together brown sugar, black pepper, and ground fennel.
4. Sprinkle brown-sugar mixture over bacon.
5. Bake in 400°F. oven until bacon is crisp, about 30 minutes,
rotating pans after 15 minutes.
6. Let bacon cool to room temperature so that sugar will harden.
7. Arrange pieces in airy heap in several small bowls. Serve as